Monday, July 2, 2012

Squamish Weekend 1

I managed to make a quick but awesome trip up to Squamish last year after arriving in Seattle. Will, Veronica and I went up there for a quick weekend trip, and after dealing with a stupid amount of traffic, managed to get perfect temperatures and a good introduction to the main bouldering area. We didn't really send anything hard, but it was good to get out and see the potential of the place.



Crazy granite exfoliating, somehow still incredibly hard rock.




Had to go check out dreamcatcher. Its a little disappointing how low it is, but such a cool line anyway. That first bolt on the overhang is probably only 15 feet off the ground.




This is a reason why I need to get a trad rack. I don't know what the line is, just found it as I was walking around the base of the Chief. Maybe now that I've got a grown up job I can afford it...



This is what the rock normally looks like in the northwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment