Friday, July 13, 2012

Squamish: First trip 2012

Finally the weather cleared enough to make a reliable trip up to Squamish. Managed to catch a ride up with local setter Christine D, and did some bouldering in the forest. There were mosquitos everywhere, but the forest was cool and comfortable, while all of my friends decided to go to Leavenworth where it broke 100.




This is the view from the parking lot when you arrive just before sunset on a Friday afternoon. 






If you like sloping rails and aretes, this is the place to be. 




Or slabs, still barely emerging from the moss for the season.


Me on one of the few things I tried with actual holds. The crux is still a heel hook and toss to an arete, which I didn't get anyway. 


This is some super strong woman from Portland on the crux of the previous problem, about to throw way up and left. She finished this hard V7, almost got a V9 around the corner, and then took care of her 16 month old daughter. 









Ever get your butt kicked on V3? I do.




Giant black slugs were everywhere! When I was setting up my tent the first night I thought it was a bunch of dog turds.

No comments:

Post a Comment